A selection of papers accepted for the MoCS workshop will be invited to submit a revised version to IEEE Cloud Computing special issue on: “Convergence of IoT, Edge and Cloud Computing in Smart Cities”.
MoCS is the first workshop series targeted at cloud computing and Smart City that has been organized in association with the IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC).The long tradition of ISCC as cross-interest forum make it a great place to host the MoCS workshop, whose interests cover the whole virtualization stack, from the kernel up to the application, service and management level.
The ambition and mission of MoCS 2017 is to put on the foreground all the issues about management of cloud and Smart City systems at different layer of abstractions, and to bring together different ongoing research efforts related to this field. This year, special focus will be on the challenging management issues related to the delivery of efficient solutions for the processing of real-world Big Data in Smart Cities scenarios.
Starting with a rigorous review process and following with the open forum approach, that promotes interaction and discussion between Workshop contributors, we expect the Sixth Workshop on Management of Cloud and Smart city systems (MoCS) to provide relevant and knowledgeable feedback that will assist all authors to significantly enhance the quality of their work.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Experiences on the use of Cloud systems when applied to services designed for Smart Cities;
- Analytical and simulation models and tools to measure systems scalability and to achieve resource saving in socio-technical Smart City systems
- Novel adaptive management solutions for scalable, maintainable, cost-effective Cloud provision, at all software stack layers;
- New models and paradigms for the management of Cloud services at the host level, within/between data centres (intra- /inter-domain);
- Big Data flows processing for Smart City scenarios;
- Relationship between IoT and Cloud systems in Smart City scenarios;
- (Re)use of open Cloud-integrated platforms for the design of Smart Cities
March 27, 2017, April 12, 2017
April 17, 2017, May 1st, 2017
April 24, 2017, May 8, 2017